Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weekly Project: Baby Legwarmers!

For my first How-To I thought I would just keep it simple.  Plus I wanted to pick a project that even the most beginning of sewers could accomplish without too much gnashing of teeth and expletives thrown about.  Plus I know I'm a bit ADD with projects and can be easily distracted and lured into something else cool.  You could say I have a wandering creative eye.  With these though, I can have instant gratification and my babe looks cute to boot.
But first I must give credit where credit is due.  I first saw this project at Prudent Baby and immediately knew I had to make some (as is the case with most of their projects).  I love their stuff sooooo much.  They are some of my crafty idols.
Anyhoo, here's the tutorial so you can get your wee one's legs warm pronto!

First assemble your supplies:
Sewing machine, a pair of ladies knee socks, coordinating thread, bobbin that fits your machine, fabric scissors.
Second:
Cut off the bottom part of the sock at the ankle.
Third:

Fold the cut edge under however much you want.  I did mine like maybe a 1/2 inch or so.
Set your machine to the zig-zag stitch and sew around and hem that edge.

Trim the excess thread.  Now do the other leg.
Notice the Sonic cup.  I prefer to snack whilst I craft.

Now adorn your cute baby's legs with new legwarmers immediately!
Ummmmmm CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment