Thursday, February 24, 2011

Downtown Date Night

This past weekend my 'boyfriend' and I got the opportunity (thanks to the grandparents!) to go out on the town all by ourselves.  And since we love it so much, we chose downtown.  Downtown Tulsa that is.  Having grown up in Tulsa it has been fantastic to see new and exciting businesses, shopping and nightlife emerging there in recent years.  
For better or worse we've seen the additions of large scale happenings such as the BOK Center and the new Drillers baseball stadium.  But what I really love about downtown are the smaller places like the restaurants (McNellie's and El Guapo's among others), eateries such as the original Coney Island, the Blue Dome Cafe (best breakfast hands down) and Joe Momma's Pizza (try their Cheeseburger pizza, yum!) and locally owned shops such as Dwelling Spaces.  These are just a few of the places that make the new Downtown Tulsa so fantastic to visit.
It's not just the new I love either.  I love the fabulous old skyscrapers, warehouses and churches.  The architecture is so beautiful and has always been a favorite of mine to photograph.
After dining on cottage pie and chili cheeseburgers at McNellie's, this super-cute guy I know (aka the Husband) drove me around downtown and let me snap random photographs.  Enjoy! 

Please excuse the dark photographs (I'm still learning how to do night photography).




Ahhhhh...love this city!

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I forgot to mention Cain's Ballroom and the Brady Theater my two favorite concert venues!
    http://www.cainsballroom.com/
    http://www.bradytheater.com/

    ReplyDelete