Monday, March 21, 2011

Some simple pants from Daddy's shirt


I've had some men's shirts hanging out in the fabric bin waiting to be used for a while.  Jeremy gave these to me to cut up and reuse. 
I'm in the midst of a flurry of sewing for the kiddo and others for spring and summer.  I'm going to try to make her several pairs of pants and skirts.  This was my first pair for this season.  With prices of just about EVERYTHING rising, why not reuse some things that might not fit anymore?  Plus, you will be consuming less.  Which will make you feel better about yourself.

So here's what I did...

First I cut out the larger bits of fabric in between the seams.  (Side note:  remove and save your buttons too for something else later!)   I'll probably use mine in future knitting projects.


Then I pinned my pattern to the parts of fabric I wanted to use.  I'm using the "Huck Finn Pants" from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing.  They are meant to be highwaters/capri's which I thought would be great for the outdoors and gardening.  Right now she just looks a bit Erkelish in them but still cute.  In a 'nerdy chic' kind of way.


Here I "strategically" placed the pattern over the already existing pocket so I don't have to sew one on later.  I'm so s-m-a-r-t.

And, oh, what's this?  Some cute britches on a half-dressed girl?

See?  Nerdy chic.
Turns out they are great for climbing...


playing...
and lounging...


and perhaps more lounging whilst ignoring Mama with the camera...


I see a lot of ignoring Mama with the camera in her future...

No comments:

Post a Comment