Thursday, February 16, 2012

Main Street, U.S.A.

I didn't grow up in a small town.

Where I live now used to be a small town, especially if you hear about what it was like when my grandmother lived there as a young person.  It's grown into more of a suburb now...and the growth seems to be never-ending.  For the most part I'm not complaining but I do like to visit the quaint 'Main Streets' of the nearby small towns.  They are usually beholden to some fine treasures.  Whether it be a country cookin' diner, a flea market or a tiny coffee shop such as Scoops and Grinds.

My friend and neighbor Jane and I had some catching up to do the other day and that place sure is becoming a favorite of ours.  Ice cream and coffee?  I think so.  I've even had an informal little craft night gathering there before because I love it so.


Here is a rendering of mine of the shop.  It's a work in progress.  I will post a photo when it is complete.

Oh and here's my cutie pie lunch date Jane:

No comments:

Post a Comment