Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Resurfacing

Hi there.

It's been a long time. 

A reeeeeeally long time when I look at the date of my last post.

Today was actually the first day I have opened up this blog and looked at it since I posted last April.  I guess I was scared and ashamed to even look at it because I suppose it would make me feel like a failure.  But the reality is, I have had to focus on other things in the mean time.  Mostly, because mothering a young child is EXHAUSTING much of the time.  Don't get me wrong, it's been the best few years of my life but let's be real...I don't get the kind of sleep I used to.

Well, she's 2 now and little Miss Independent with a capital I so I've decided to once again spend some time here.  I always loved doing this, whether anyone else reads it or not.  And I feel like this is going to be a remarkably creative and abundant year for me.  So let's just see where this road takes me...

I responded to this blog post with the following:

"I too have waged war on depression off and on as far back as probably the start of adolescence. I guess if I really think about it, the happiest I have been has been as a child and now in my 30's. Perhaps because I have tried to bring back things that are rich in the childhood years such as imagination, creativity, living in the now, less time spent worrying, an enthusiastic sense of humor, more time spent with family and surrounding myself with caring, loving people. It also helps that I'm mothering a young child and I try to remember to try to see the world through her eyes."

And that response is what I want to start off this creative pilgrimage, if you will, so that I can remind myself from time to time why I am doing this and why it's important to me.

Thank you...

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful-- and yes, there is nothing like the constancy of raising a young, active child-- cut yourself a whole lotta slack-- you are doing such a beautiful job and everything will come together in its perfect time, for sure-- xoox, e

    ReplyDelete