Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I've been busy

February and March have been seeing a creative outpouring from me.  I've been spending almost every spare moment in my art studio.  I'm lucky to have this extra room in our house that lets in lots of light all to myself.  It's usually a mess but that's okay.  I thought I'd show some of the fruits of all this creativity.  I hope it demonstrates all the fun, experimenting and playing I've been doing.  I tried my best as an untrained photographer to capture these but alas, I've been using lots of metallics and whatnot and it's quite reflective.  So naturally it's all better viewed in person.  But for now, this will do.

As yet untitled acrylic on canvas.  14"x14"

postcard-sized watercolor and water-soluble crayon

detail of above

And here are a series of hanging "tiles" that I did using plaster and board:

"Empty swing" Acrylic and ink on plaster and board

Acrylic on plaster and board approx. size 4"x 5"

Acrylic on plaster and board

"Nail and Bone" Acrylic and mixed media on plaster and board

No comments:

Post a Comment